Here’s what’s important about the Nunes memo
by Chris Pandolfo (conservativereview.com)
- The Hillary Clinton campaign for the presidency and the Democratic National Committee paid over $160,000 for a dossier put together by ex-spy Christopher Steele that has never been verified. According to the memo, Steele “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.”
- The Obama administration’s FBI used the unverified information in the dossier to obtain a FISA court warrant to surveil Carter Page, a member of the Donald Trump campaign for the presidency. The FBI did not tell the FISA court judge the information in the dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign.
- Carter Page was spied on by the Obama administration, and “incidental” surveillance was collected on other members of the Trump campaign.
- Members of the Obama administration “unmasked” U.S. persons involved with the Trump campaign, those who were surveilled based on the unverified, Clinton-funded information presented to the FISA court by Obama’s FBI. Information about these individuals was later leaked to the media in an attempt to build a case that Donald Trump colluded with the Russians to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016.
- There is no evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians. There is ample evidence that the Obama administration illegitimately spied on Trump’s campaign.
Conclusion: the Obama administration politically weaponized the FBI and our intelligence-gathering agencies in a criminal effort to affect the 2016 presidential election and, later, to undermine President Trump.